New to MVC 4/Entity Framework/Razor? Then here are some links that are useful:
- Getting Started with EF 5 using MVC 4 Tutorial
- The tutorial above uses Code First to a New Database, meaning you create the EF model classes and generate the database. But if you have an existing database, you can use Code First to an Existing Database.
- For a quick introduction on the new view engine in MVC called Razor, visit Scott Guthrie’s blog posts on Razor. It will help you get started and understand what Razor is all about. Start with the previous blog posts he has done from Introducing Razor and go down from there.
- A Look at the Razor View Engine in ASP.NET MVC from Dino Esposito is also a good one.
- Working with Razor will introduce you to the HtmlHelper Class that will generate the HTML code for you if you so desire.
- For generating HTML table containing your data, the WebGrid Class HTML helper will be useful. You might need to do your own paging as it does not do server-side paging, meaning every time it goes to a new page it will query the database for all the records, not just the records for that page.
- Get the Most out of WebGrid in ASP.NET MVC shows you how to do server-side paging.
- Extension methods will be useful and a good example is Extending the WebGrid HTML helper. To know more about extension methods, see Extension Methods and How to: Implement and Call a Custom Extension Method.
- Entity Framework Beginner’s Tutoral
- HTML Tags Reference
- HTML DOM Reference
- CSS Properties Reference